Beyond Divinity is the widely anticipated follow up to Divine Divinity, a PC computer role-playing game that has been receiving universal praise. Developed by Larian Studios, Divine Divinity took players on a fantastic quest in a land torn apart by corruption and dark magic. By combining the best features of the RPG genre, and introducing a host of new features, Divine Divinity appealed to both hard-core and new RPG players. Not resting on their laurels, Larian Studios have now expanded the Divinity universe and created Beyond Divinity, a new breathtaking journey that will delight fans of the original while appealing to new audiences at the same time.
In Beyond Divinity, you become soul-forged with a Death Knight. Your fate is to spend the rest of eternity bonded to this creature of evil, unless you can undo this curse. You and your unlikely companion embark on a great adventure to unlock the secret of riftrunning... your only answer to this life of darkness!
You are a servant of the Divine - scourge of necromancers and sorcerers alike. Your purpose in life is to fight all that is evil using any means possible. Your dilemmaÂ… during an intense battle with one of the great necromancers, a demon drags you into its universe. There you are soul-forged with a Death-knight. You are cursed and destined to spend the rest of eternity bonded to this creature of evil.
Or maybe not...
The Death-knight dislikes the soul forging as much as you do and together you embark on a great adventure. You both have a common goal - to undo the soul forging. You and your unlikely companion quickly figure out that the only way to rid this curse is if you unlock the secret of riftrunning Â– an ancient art that allowed the prison universeÂ’s indigenous population to travel between universes.
Your quest is set: To become a Riftrunner!
- A deep and detailed storyline filled with plot twists and over 300 sub-quests.
- New style of gameplay featuring the unique summoning dolls and total party control using a more intuitive and advanced combat system.
- Simple, intuitive controls even for complex actions.
- Complete and accurate diary including two automaps Â– one small overlaid map containing tactical info and one large map containing the entire world.
- High object interactivity including the ability to combine objects with each other in a seamless world.
- An open, free and deep character development system with over 30 character traits.
- More than 290 skills to learn including advanced alchemy, craftsmanship, trap creation, nature & weather magic, equipment embellishing etc...
- Over 300 equipment classes and plenty of unique items.
- Over 140 different npc & monster classes
- More than 600 different NPC to interact with
- Dialogs written by Rhianna Pratchett.
- Updated graphics engine including real time 3D characters and monsters together with support for higher resolutions. Players can now zoom in on the action.