The player assumes the role of a brave hero plotting out an exciting fantasy voyage through the medieval times filled with treachery, betrayal, battles and ambushes. Historical uniforms, armory, siege weaponry, landscapes with stylish medieval buildings, realistically animated and highly detailed units, as well as a fully flexible zoom-in camera, and a stunning selection of tactical and strategic options - these features are what make CASTLE STRIKE an outstanding absorbing experience to be enjoyed by up to four players (in multi player mode).
The player is confronted with evil-tempered neighbors and bloodthirsty robber knights that lurk around the dark forests of Central Europe. Furthermore, he must achieve various vital tasks. Amongst others these include: the upkeep of troops and servants, building castles and their fortifications, assaulting enemy strongholds, smoking out bandit camps, fighting glorious battles, and last but not least, rescuing lovely maidens from the brutal hands of dangerous barbarians.
- Knight Formations: The tactical options featured in CASTLE STRIKE include sophisticated knight formations called Banner. These allow the assignment of a hero with special abilities to standard unit formations. Furthermore, the strength of a unit is significantly influenced by its resting times, armor upgrades and experience levels.
- Automatic Labor Organization: In order to cope with the tactical challenges of CASTLE STRIKE, the organization of the playerÂ’s work force can be easily managed. Simply clicking on one button will turn a serf into a builder (for automatic building, repair and/or fire extinguishing) or a collector (responsible for gathering resources) respectively. Both the resource production, as well as the labor organization can be easily implemented by either placing direct orders, or by moving a slider.
- Castles: As soon as he has sufficient resources, the player can start building his own impressive castle. The keep and the military installations inside can be protected by upgradeable walls which are both passable and climbable. Heavy weapons placed on the castle towers can be used to help repel hostile attacks. Additionally, after extensive research, advanced defense measures can be implemented. A specifically designed PATTERN SYSTEM allows for continual architectural planning while minimizing expensive constructual mistakes. Each nation has more than 25 true-to-historical detail buildings, with a choice of both economic and military features.
- Combatants: As well as equipping the hero with particular abilities, the player may also assign him one of three nationalities: German, English, or French. Each individual country offers 14 unique types of combatants: melee fighters yielding swords, axes, or spears; long range fighters using bows, crossbows or harquebuses; bomb-planting saboteurs, sappers, and of course, fully armored knights with their proud war horses.
- Siege Armory: The siege armory comprises of impressive towers, rams, ballistae, catapults, mortars, trebuchets, cannons (e.g. the Â“Hollow HannaÂ”) and many more. These weapons must be operated by the playerÂ’s own army. If the crew is killed, the cannon cannot fire. Extreme caution is necessary since the enemy may seize unattended or abandoned weaponry. Siege armory is vital to successfully storm a castle.
- One special feature of CASTLE STRIKE is that (like in real life), standard troops canÂ’t damage houses or walls. However arsonists and archers, by using the Â“fire arrowÂ” upgrade, can set buildings alight.
- Random Generator: The random generator makes it possible for the player to create maps for up to four human or AI players.
- A list of contents (warriors, buildings, upgrades etc) assists in optimizing the economy and /or army resource developments.
- Rotatable camera perspective This 3D engine enables both an overview of the battlefield as well as close-up details with impressive animations, using a flexible zoom-in camera.