Chessmaster 9000 builds on the strong foundation of its predecessors by adding many new tools to help players master the game of chess, including a new course on the Psychology of Competition by International Master Josh Waitzkin, a new Endgame Quiz from five-time chess champ and Grand Master Larry Evans, and a new Blunder Alert feature that immediately notifies players of better moves when they move their pieces into danger. Additionally, new online features include a free matchmaking service via ubi.com, special chat events, and rated games online.
- Enjoy and learn from more than 800 classic games, including the best of 2001 and 2002 Grand Master games.
- Study the best opening moves and how to dominate the opponent sitting across from you.
- Experience a new and improved chess engine which allows players to compete against more than 150 different opponents from beginning to Grandmaster level.
- Includes the new Psychology of Competition chess course taught by International Master, Josh Waitzkin.
- Play a variety of online, multiplayer options, including rated chess games and chess games just for fun.
- View the best graphics ever seen in a chess program, featuring more than 30 new chess sets and optional, true 3D gameplay.
- Play against new, random opponents for greater replay value.
- Improve your game with the new Blunder Alert feature.
- Test your skills with the new Endgame Quiz from five-time US Chess Champion, Larry Evans.
- Jump right into a game with the new Quickstart play or turn up the action with "speed chess."