Clive Barker's Undying
Set in Ireland of the 1920's, players take on the role of Magnus, who has been summoned to an ancestral estate by its lone descendent Jeremiah. Death has claimed his four siblings, each who have reanimated intent on slaying their living brother, the last of the family, so as to free the Curse of the Undying King.
In order to save his friend and unravel the curse that has befallen Jeremiah's family, Magnus must embark on five perilous quests before he can unearth the final horror of the estate. Each quest brings Magnus face-to-face with one of Jeremiah's undead siblings and the strange and wicked creatures the curse has attracted. In addition, Magnus must triumph over his reviled competitor Kiesinger. If there is power to be had by unearthing the mystery of the estate then Kiesinger will try and steal it - and there is much power to be had. It's up to Magnus to defeat each of Jeremiah's siblings and vanquish Kiesinger in order to quell the Undying King.
- Ten areas that the gamer will visit throughout the game. They include the estate, a destroyed monastery, ring of standing stones, cursed city of Oneiros, the Pirate's Cove, the Eternal Autumn and Neolithic caves.
- Five horrifying boss characters, including four based on Jeremiah's dead siblings. Players will have to defeat each of the evil siblings in their individually cursed and demonic environments in order to confront the Curse of the Undying King.
- Sixteen spells (eight defensive and eight either miscellaneous or offensive) including the destructive Skull Storm, and reality bending Mindshatter.
- Eight weapons including shotgun, dynamite, Molotov Cocktails, Tibetan War Cannon and Scythe of Brennus.
- Over 20 enemy creatures including Di'nen, Howlers, Celestial Chanters, Hounds of Ghelziabahr, Sleads and Monto'-Shonoi.
- Special modes will include the ability to fly in the spirit worlds and a spell called Scrye that allows players see or hear events that are not apparent to the naked eye to provide back story and clues.
- Affecting sound that is actually a vital tool to staying alive, since it may be the only attestation a creature may be near you.
- Game will use the Unreal Tournament engine that DWI has highly modified.
- Soundtrack of Celtic-inspired spiritual tracks.
- Robust multiplayer capability similar to the Rocket Arena.