The armies that will clash in Generals are the super powers of United States and China, and a massive underground organization, the Global Liberation Army, bent on drowning the world in anarchy and terror. Each of the three sides represents a distinct geo-political viewpoint and will fight the war with vastly different tactics and weaponry.
To make the experience of modern war as immersive as possible, EA Pacific is using a proprietary state-of-the-art 3D engine, code-named Â“Sage,Â” which delivers unprecedented detail and interactivity. Because of Sage, GeneralsÂ’ battlefields will include fully modeled urban cityscapes, rugged deserts, vast forests and frozen wastelands. Amazing special effects will allow players to crush cars with hulking tanks, blow out the windows of skyscrapers, or lace the skies with smoke from dueling fighter planes.
Generals will include a full single-player campaign along with a full multiplayer component played over a LAN or the Internet. Generals will also feature:
- More than 80 all-new units, buildings and upgrades such as the top-secret Aurora Strike Fighters, devastating Daisy Cutters, militant Angry Mobs, and skilled Hackers.
- Innovative gameplay with new features such as thrilling air-to-air combat, customizable forces, enhanced veterancy, and intense urban combat.
- An improved interface that will give gamers more control over the battlefield than ever before.
- A full map editor for players to build customized war scenarios.
- Spectacular cinematics that will immerse players in the storyline.