IL-2Â™ offers a target-rich environment. Moving targets include other aircraft and a wide variety of land and naval vehicles. Bring down rare birds like the German tow plane He 111Z and the Fieseler Storch. Pick your ride from 17 accurately simulated types of planes including IL-2s, MiG-3s, LaGG-3s, lend-leased P-39s, Bf 109-Fs/Gs. During six historical campaigns from 1941 to 1945 youÂ’ll encounter 24 additional AI controlled aircraft such as the Fw 190, He 111, Hs 129 and the infamous Ju 87 Â“StukaÂ”. Well above 65 different vehicles will engage in ground and naval battles. Among those are tanks, field artillery, AAA guns, destroyers, submarines and torpedo boats.
- Fly 31 types of Russian, German and American planes. See them in different camouflage and paint schemes for different times of the year (at least summer and winter). Fly pilot or rear gunner (IL-2 plane types only).
- See 40 other types of aircraft engaged in large air battles (with camouflage paint schemes changing from summer to winter).
- Engage in air-to-air and air-to-ground battles. Destroy any ground object, such as buildings, bridges, airfields, etc.
- Play campaign missions and track your career (with ranks and awards), fighting against intelligent AI opponents.
- Multi-play with up to 32 human or AI players in dogfight modeand 16 players in cooperative missions. Use custom paint schemes, squadron nose art, numbering on wings, and national markings for each single plane. Record a flight track of any of your flights and edit these tracks. Then play and enjoy or send this track file to others. Online players can use this to confirm their wins/kills!
- Build new missions and scenarios with an easy to use mission builder. Use missions for single or multiplayer sessions. Play new scenarios designed and uploaded by other players.
- Use new plane sets and new scenarios from free and/or commercial add-ons designed by original developers after release.
- Witness and take part in massive air and ground battles between German and Russian airplanes and tanks. Experience realistic dynamic damage modeling and 3D world environment including terrain, sky, unique clouds and weather conditions, smoke, explosions, fire and other special effects.