Master Of Orion 3 ups the stakes on its predecessors by giving players their most challenging role ever. No longer representative of just petty interplanetary dictators, in Master Of Orion 3 players represent the controlling power behind an entire galactic civilisation; the dictators, presidents, councillors and overlords that come and go are merely a playerÂ’s pawns. One must use these governments and their representatives to secure the destiny of their civilisation, to manipulate its policies of freedom and oppression in both foreign and domestic arena.
- Explore strange solar systems, complete with black holes, space monsters and hostile alien races. Dynamic Galaxy Generation ensures that no two games are ever the same!
- Play one of 16 Unique Races.
- Choose your style of play; use oppressive force to crush your enemies and beat your people into submission or employ subtle negotiation to scheme your way to the top!
- Design and research exotic ships and weapons to crush your enemies!
- Galactic Councils and diplomacy of never-before-achieved richness and depth. Colossal Space Battles that feature beautiful, tactical real-time combat resolution that keeps play moving at a brisk pace.
- Shadowy game-within-a-game; use espionage, disinformation, subterfuge, betrayal, subversion and assassination to seat yourself in the highest chair of Orion!
- Wars have distinct political and social consequences, not just military and economic consequences.
- Slick and intuitive interface makes navigation and gameplay a snap for novice players.
- Complete campaigns to satisfy would-be galactic conquerors.
- Robust Multiplayer lets 8 players slug it out for galactic domination.
- Manage polices dealing with freedom and oppression, forced labor, religion and racial tolerance. Will your civilization thrive better as an oppressive tyranny, a free republic, a unified theocracy, or something in-between?