Retaining the seriesÂ’ core values of close-contact racing with real cars, real teams, real track, real drivers and an astounding damage engine, TOCA Race Driver introduces a character-based narrative and episodic storyline. The game blends real world global championships with a fictional cast; the player takes the central role of aspiring driver Ryan McKane. The heart of the game sees the player advancing RyanÂ’s career from a test driver to a potential world champion. RyanÂ’s races form part of the evolving narrative which involve his racing colleagues and his fiercely competitive family who have a rich heritage in motor racing.
- 42 licensed touring & race cars including Mercedes CLK, Alfa Romeo GTV and Viper GTS.
- 38 international circuits recreated under licence including Bathurst, Hockenheim and Silverstone.
- 13 global Championships including official series: DTM from Germany, V8 Supercars from Australia and the Britsh Touring Car Championship.
- Genre-beating, bumper-to-bumper racing with up to 20 cars all gunning for position on track at once.
- ToCA Race Driver on the PC will feature online play over the internet or local area networks...more details coming soon.
- The roar of the cars' engines and the dramatic story sequences sound better than ever. With support any for surround sound mode up to and including 5.1, also supporting EAX, enabling reverberation and environmental audio effects.
- Use of Matrox Surround Gaming, game play can be viewed across three linked monitors, players to see the circuit and cars ahead and to the sides. Giving a dramatic sensation of actually being inside the car, the central monitor displays the camera view of the track ahead. The monitors to the left and the right show the camera views from either side of the car, enabling players to see which rival racers are closing in on their position. In a race replay, the display provides an ultra-wide field of view across all 3-screens.
- Qualifying for each race will now be featured within the championship mode and in Australia's V8 Supercar Championship series, players will be able to experience the 'Shoot out' qualification system.
- State-of-the-art car physics engine, tested for realism by professional race drivers.
- Involving and intriguing blockbuster storyline draws the player deep into the lives of the characters.
- Customizable car setup provides a uniquely true-to-life driving and performance experience.
- Spectacular car damage seen in stunning graphical detail thanks to support for Direct X 8 compatible graphics cards. Featuring standard-defining, real, visible damage, created using the crash test industryÂ’s FEM system, affects the handling and drivability of vehicles.
- Massive play and replay value Â– ToCA Race DriverÂ™ features a massive 13 full World Championships.
- Great soundtrack featuring Ash, Iggy and the Stooges, Thin Lizzy, Morceeba, Al Green and Lynyrd Skynyrd.