Developed by Acclaim's world-renowned Austin Studio, Turok: Evolution is a prequel to the blockbuster franchise that has generated more than 6 million units and $250 million in sales worldwide. Featuring an entirely new game engine that was specifically designed for the next-generation gaming systems, Turok: Evolution is an epic adventure of exploration, treachery and war set against a backdrop of lush jungles, mysterious temples and the most realistic and deadly array of dinosaurs ever to be created in a video game.
- Entirely new game engine built to take full advantage of the next-generation hardware platforms;
- For the first time ever in a Turok video game - flight missions enable players to soar through the skies on a fully-armed winged Quetzalcoatlus in air-to-surface, air-to-ground and multiplayer battles;
- Ground-breaking Squad Dynamics System (S.D.S.) offers incredibly realistic enemy and allied squad A.I., enabling troops to take cover, establish strategic positions and even surrender;
- Stealth- and action-based gameplay directed by rich, character-driven storylines;
- The most advanced artificial intelligence ever in a FPS; enemies and dinosaurs react instinctively to environmental changes and combat situations;
- Lush jungle environments, thriving with vast flora, natural water sources and indigenous life at every turn;
- Incredible variety of prehistoric, insect, mammal and oceanic life forms, each with frightening and deadly realism;
- More than 30 weapons, including the all-new Gravity Disrupter Beam, Swarm Bore and Baby Nuke, each with unique traits and damage;
- Scripted story events bring the Lost Land to life with stunning detail;
- Destructible objects and environments: shoot down trees onto enemies and collapse massive rock spires onto dinosaurs;
- Incredible multiplayer levels and modes, each filled with hours of action-packed gameplay;
- More than 3,000 sound effects recorded throughout the world, enhancing the realism of the game via Dolby Digital and Dolby Surround Sound.